What Is A QR Code?
A QR code is a barcode that when scanned with a smart phone, can open up a webpage in the phones internet browser. You can also use a QR Code to download a file, for example a job application online. Most common uses in today's internet marketing is having customers scan a QR Code and be taken to a companies website or have them follow a company via social media. (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc...)
What You Can Use A QR Code For
A QR code is a great promotional tool with many implementations. Here are just a few things you can do with QR codes:
- Promote a discount on a product or deal of the day. You can read more about how companies are linking to the online world in a recent Internet Retailer Magazine article.
- Use it in your store to link to an online job application for available job opportunities. Fast food chains like Taco Bell have used them in their in-store literature to link the QR code to online job applications.
- Promote social media. You can use a QR code to help promote your Facebook fan page or Twitter page. Keep in mind your not just limited to social media, a QR code can be linked to any webpage.
Where You Can Get A QR Code
You don't have to go any further than you are now. We create the QR Code for you. When you choose a template that has the option for a QR Code you will be able to enter the website address. We'll create the custom QR Code which, when scanned, will send the user to your web page.
When you choose a QR Code template, you will have the option to place the link for your QR Code to go to. Once you enter the link you can click preview. Your design will be updated with the custom QR Code for your link.
Social Media URL Examples
Try it out on one of our popular QR Code templates »
Example Signs, Pins, and Sticker Templates With QR Codes
An example of placing a QR code on a custom pin-back button. These are perfect for passing out at events and conferences.
Place a QR Code on a sign for things like gaining social media followers, promoting your website, acquiring job applicants.
Using a QR Code on a bumper sticker can help promote your social media efforts and drive traffic to Facebook, Twitter, and more.
Some QR Code Tips To Keep In Mind
- To get the best results on older cell phones, keep the text below 200 characters to get a less complex QR code.
- If you have a URL with a lot of characters, consider using a URL shortener.
- If your QR Code is going to a website, it needs to start with "http://".
- If your QR Code is going to your Twitter profile, use the full URL like the above example and not the "@twittername" way.